Meet Wanda Hurley
Wanda began coordinating the Parish chapter with Nicole Powers when Chrissy and Kolleen (along with the Activ8Her Board) felt it was God's time for them to step down. We are excited for what God will do in the Parish chapter because of Wanda's teachable and surrendered heart.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory? Going to my Grandparent’s house all the time- it was a safe haven for my sister and I. Playing outside, playing with our dog Sascha, trips to Old Forge, Friday night sleepovers. My grandparents gave us the best childhood.
2. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? White water rafting on the Black River was an intense experience. Seeing people fly out of the raft while going over the rapids and being swept away by the current and saved by a rope thrown at them was enough to make me fear for my life.
3. What do you do for a career? I am a diet technician in a nursing home. I monitor the nutritional status of the residents. It can be disheartening at times to see the current state of nursing care, but is also rewarding to know that I am helping others at the end of their life.
4. Are you married? Do you have children? I have been married to my husband Matt for 5 years this July. We have a 3 year old daughter Alaina.
5. Do you have any hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time? I love to spend time at my parents lake house in Henderson Harbor on Lake Ontario. I also love to read and spend time with my family.
6. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Spend the day at the beach with Matt and Alaina soaking up the sun, the sand in my toes, and jumping the waves with a stop for ice cream on the way home.
7. Who is your favorite author? I love reading anything by David Jeremiah, Jennie Allen, or Lysa Terkuerst.
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? To step back in time to the years that Jesus walked the earth would be pretty amazing.
9. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? My morning cup of coffee.
10. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
My Aunt Wanda who passed away at 21 and who I was named after.
Paul the Apostle
I broke the rules and picked 5.
11. What made you want to be a coordinator for an Activ8Her chapter? I was asked by Nicole and as much as it scared me I couldn’t say no. My initial reaction before thinking about what it would entail and how much it would stretch me was yes! I want to help other women walk in their identity in Christ. I also want to serve God and walk in His will and help further His kingdom.
12. What is a highlight of your chapter meetings? I love seeing women of all different ages come together and share our love of Christ together.