Shirley Hartnett answered the call for a co-leader in our North Syracuse chapter with Jessica Sleezer. She attends Abundant Life Church and has authored __ books. Here's a little peak into her life.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Every Sunday we would picnic in New York State. All the finger lakes, all the parks…
2. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
Wow, that is tough. I guess doing an Ironman. I didn’t know how to run, swim, or bike. But at times, I find writing and being vulnerable more daring. –>
3. What do you do for a career?
I am a Math and Physics professor.
4. Are you married? Do you have children?
I am divorced and I had three sons. My one son, Matthew is with God.
5. Do you have any hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time?
I quilt, play chess, garden, cook, and read.
6. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Ride all the roller coasters
7. Who is your favorite author?
The Bible, Sean Carroll (Physics ideas), Matt Haig, Colleen Hoover (I know you wanted just one but the Bible is a given and for me Physics is a given)
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I was born for such a time as this. There are many eras I don’t think I would fit in.
9. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
10. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
Jesus, Matt(my son), Alan Turing, Vincent Van Gogh
11. What made you want to be a coordinator for an Activ8Her chapter?
People have empowered me in my walk with God and I wanted to empower others because the change is miraculous.
12. What is a highlight of your chapter meetings?
The stories of their lives.
<–Shirley with her sister, Kathleen
First race, after my son, Matt died. I dressed in Captain America and made the skirt in honor of Matt who loved Captain America. –>