Meet Becky Williams
Becky became interested in Activ8Her when she read about the ministry in the obituary of our friend Kelly, who passed away from cancer in January. It had been a desire of Kelly's to see a chapter of Activ8Her begin in Oneida, NY.
Although we never imagined Kelly wouldn't be here to participate in the chapter, we've been awed by God's ability to work all things together and bring some good out of the pain of her passing. We've watched as God connected Becky with Jody Armstrong to create a chapter.
Here's more about Becky, in her own words.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory? All the family time with aunts, uncles, and cousins. Time that people don't seem to be able to commit to like they used to because of all of the other activities that call us away. We always had a big family reunion and so many other weekend get togethers and I am thankful for those memories
2. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I guess I am pretty boring because I can't think of anything – riding my snowmobile down the barge canal I guess – but I was forced to do that, it was not by choice!!!! (I never wanted to ride on water!!)
3. What do you do for a career? I homeschooled my boys who are now in college at LeMoyne. I thought I would go back to work when we finished but my parents became much more dependent after 2020 so I am now a caregiver to my mom (we lost my dad last summer). I strive to help her as holistically as possible by learning all I can about the healing gifts that God has planted on this earth for us! I also help manage my husband's construction company paperwork.
4. Are you married? Do you have children? I am married to Bob and have 3 sons – Matthew (finishing his law degree at Albany this spring), Austin, a senior at LeMoyne, and Andrew, a sophomore at LeMoyne.
5. Do you have any hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time? I enjoy making holistic remedies for our family to have on hand and I am a certified One Stroke painter but it has been a while since I have picked up a paint brush. I also enjoy making shirts with my cricut along with other hands on crafts like that. I am also the president of our local Cleveland Browns Backers fan club.
6. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Be with my family at a sporting event in Cleveland, Ohio or at Disney World.
7. Who is your favorite author? I don't read a whole lot other than blogs or devotional type stuff but I really have enjoyed some of Lysa TerKeurst's recent work. I also like Sheila Walsh.
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? I think I would go back to when my kids were little so I could have some of those fleeting moments back once again.
9. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Jesus – I am sure it sounds cliché but I truly don't know I would do if I didn't know that He was walking beside me through every second of my day.
10. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? This is a hard question. I would probably choose family members that are no longer here but to go in a different direction – Jesus, for obvious reasons, George Washington, because I am amazed at what they endured to form this country, Michael Tate, because I love the Newsboys and the way he leads worship and Darius Garland.because he is always so happy and I love watching him play basketball.
11. What made you want to be a coordinator for an Activ8Her chapter? I have been wanting to bring something to our area for women. I had spoken with someone from another church at a party on New Year's and she said that our churches need to come together and do something and forget about denominational lines. Just a few short weeks later, we lost a very dear friend to cancer. In her obituary, it said that she wanted to bring a chapter of Activ8Her to Oneida and there was a Jumpstart meeting happening just a couple weeks later. I went to that and fell in love with what Activ8Her stands for. It all happened in such a way that we know God had His hand all over it and I can't wait to see what He has planned for us!
12. What is a highlight of your chapter meetings? While we have only had 2 chapter meetings so far, the highlight has been the way the ladies are already opening up to each other and some have declared that they didn't know how much they needed this group until they came to it - others have said they feel like they have known the women in the room for their whole lives even though they had just met that very night. The level of comfort in the room can only be explained (in my opinion) by the presense of the Holy Spirit. God is moving through Activ8her and it is pretty incredible to experience it!!