Get to know our Coordinators:
Meet Jessica Sleezer
Jessica leads our North Syracuse chapter with Shirley Hartnett. She began her Activ8Her journey attending the Pennellville chapter led by Marie Fagan. Jess began to co-lead because of Marie's faithfulness to encourage Jess to embrace her kingdom identity. When Marie stepped down, Jess stepped into the coordinator role, eventually moving the chapter to North Syracuse.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory? I can’t pinpoint one specific time, but my earliest memories pops up to me first. My cousins, siblings, and I grew up on a lot of land. Being out with them riding bikes and out in the woods getting into mischief are my favorite memories.
2. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Ehh. I’m not sure for this one. When I was a kid there are a lot of things that I’d look back on and think, I’m lucky I didn’t break my neck, but that’s part of being a kid right?
3. What do you do for a career? I work in electrical maintenance at a plant.
4. Are you married? Do you have children? I am married, 7 years this year. No kiddos, but one puppo.
5. Do you have any hobbies? What do you like to do in your spare time? Playing videogames is definitely one of my favorite things when I have time to my self. Besides that I’d say I enjoy going out to eat. I’m a fan of all food.
6 If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Being on a beach with my husband with zero distractions. Tough to come by these days!
7. Who is your favorite author? Shirley Hartnett, fo sho
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? This is a tough one. There are times where I wouldn’t mind going back and smacking myself in the back of the head, but those decisions made me who I am today through God’s grace. I feel as though I’m right where I need to be. No need to travel.
9. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Coffee. Strong coffee. 10. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
Simon Peter, Debra from the book of Judges, my great grandmother Dominica, and my first dog, Dixie. 11. What made you want to be a coordinator for an Activ8Her chapter?
So, being 100% honest. I actually initially did not want to be a coordinator. At the first chapter I attended, the coordinator there asked probably 3 or 4 times for a co-coordinator. Lets just say the Holy Spirit gave me a little nudge. The rest is history. I think its one of those things that you don’t realize that what God has for you is abundantly above and beyond what I could ask or think. “…Lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” 12. What is a highlight of your chapter meetings?
Hearing different perspectives from the different generations in my group. There are so many different facets to life. I once heard someone say, God’s resume is endless, and we’re all listed on it as “job experience”. Hearing what He’s done in other people’s lives lifts Him up and strengthens us together.